- La marmite d'Obélix
- E-LEARNING RESOURCES
- PODCAST & RECORDINGS
- GOOGLE Maps WORKS
- HIP HOP lessons for kids
- VIDEO WORKS by students
- @ Cooperative PROJECTS
- RETO WEBS
- PLANTILLAS INNOVADORAS
- MULTIPLE SMARTS PALETTE Past Simple 2014
- Grammar blogs by students
- MULTIPLE SMARTS PALETTE "The Future" 2014
- PROYECTO TÍTERE-TÚ
- FLASH IDEAS to work in class
- MULTIPLE SMART PALETTE Past Simple 2015
- MODEL TESTS FOR SEPTEMBER
- FORMACIÓN EN INNOVACIÓN EDUCATIVA
- MULTIPLE SMART PALETTE "The Future" 2015
- TÉCNICAS, INSTRUMENTOS Y CRITERIOS DE EVALUACIÓN 2016-17
Sunday, December 11, 2011
@ "Pimp my ride, Xzibit!"
Do you know the American program MTV Tuning presented by the rap singer Xzibit? I'm sure you do but, when the program starts the song says an expression that sounds a little bit "weird".
1. What "pimp" means? 2. A "pimp" was, and still is, an individual who manages prostitutes. Back in the 1970's they were known to dress in very extravagant clothes such as large fancy hats with feathers and bright and colorful clothes.
The word 'pimp' is now used to describe someone or something that is dressed up to excess. In the case of the TV show, the cars are extravagantly dressed up from the original junkers they were. You could also say a person is "pimped out" because they are dressed up in all their finest clothes.